What to Wear
A professional headshot should project an image that best allows its viewer to connect with you.
Your eyes and face are the main attraction, and we want to minimize distractions. Here are the Dos and Don’ts along with General Tips, to help you be successful in your session.
- Avoid bright colors and overly heavy patterns (plaid, stripes, floral, etc.)
- Don’t get a new haircut right before the session. Getting a haircut a week or two before the session gives it time to grow in and settle.
- Avoid heavy or “chunky” jewelry.
- Try to avoid overly heavy makeup. (false lashes, shiny eyeshadow, etc).
- Wear solid colors
- Wear layers.
- Wear long sleeves, even if you are trying to convey a casual vibe.
- For a clean-shaven look, shave prior to your session. It may even be a good time to get a new blade.
- If bearded, consider a trip to your barber the day before your session.
- Wear normal daytime make-up, perhaps with more foundation. Liquid foundations provide full coverage and photograph slightly better than powder.
- Bring glasses if you wear them.
- Iron or steam out wrinkles in clothing.
- Drink lots of water and get a good night’s sleep. You want to come feeling your absolute best!
We have a large restroom/changing room. Please bring multiple outfits to your session and don’t forget to iron out the wrinkles. If you don’t bring it, we can’t shoot it.
Most importantly, relax and be yourself. We want your authentic personality to shine through!